Saturday, April 12, 2014

A survey of questions from Dan Curtis

The 50 Best Life Story Questions.

I know it’s presumptuous for me to claim these are the “best”.  But what the heck, they’re not shabby. ;-)
In a previous article I suggested you might want to write “50 best life story questions”.  I explained these could be a token of appreciation for a potential client that you lost. If you haven’t yet written your “50 best”,  take a look at my list and feel free to use any of them. Be my guest!
 
If you could do one thing over in your life, what would it be? * I would have gotten into healthcare earlier than I did and never worked in retail management. It was a waste of time.
 
What makes  you happy? *  Knowing I have such a loving, honest, open-minded and creative family that always backs me up no matter what I do or happens in life.
         
Looking back on your life, what do you regret?  * A lot of friendships I had. A lot of them walked all over me and went behind my back making up a lot of hurtful things about me that were not true.
 
What do you believe to be true?  * I believe in God, people all have hearts that do care if you give them time and love.
 
What is the secret to a happy life?  * A great sense of humor and creativity to get you through the bad times..
 
What do you believe happens to us after we die?  * We go to heaven or hell. Depends on the person. I am on the border about reincarnation. I am considering it to be true.

Who’s had the greatest influence on your life and why?  * My mom. She has been there for me no matter what. She has worked very hard in her life for everything she has and has achieved.

What are the qualities that you admire in your friends? * Funny, honest, open, family-oriented and to be loyal and not 2-faced.

What is the hardest thing you’ve ever had to do? * Was to grow up seeing the way my fathers side treated my mom and I. (See other blogs.)

How would you describe yourself? * Creative, dependable, honest, funny and family-centered.

If you could meet anyone in the world, who would it be and why? * My dad to ask him why he did what he did to my mom  and I.

What’s important in your life? * My family is always number one.

If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it? * Buy different home, save some and give some to non-profits.

What’s a secret ambition of yours? *To become an guardian for people who have disabilities or seniors who have no one to look after them and their cares.

Who in your life would you like to thank and for what? * My mom for her courage and God for all he has helped me get through.

What principles have guided your life? * To treat other how they want to be treated. Not how I think they should be treated.

Where do you find serenity? * When I drive the open roads and also with my family.

What makes you sad?  * People who only see things one way and never try to see the other side, ever. Also people who treat others with disrespect.

What’s the most important lesson you’ve learned in your life? * That school means nothing. Its who you know and your personality that's gets you further in life.

How would you like to be remembered? * For trying to make a positive impact on everyone who I met.

If you had only one day to live, how would you live it? * With my family at a warm beach in the sun. Enjoying sunrise to sunset.

How would you describe your spiritual beliefs? * Open. I see all kinds of truths in various religions.

Who is the most important person in your life today and why? * My son. On the days I want to just stay in bed he inspires me to get up and go.

What was the worst job you ever had and why was it so bad? * When I worked for a local furniture company as a interior designer. They cheated customers, lied to them and wanted me to do the same. I quit and walked out.

What’s your idea of a good time? * Being on a beach with family or friends just enjoying the weather.

What’s wrong with the world? * Too many people trying to change things that have been for so long. Also people who always think they are better than each other. Were all the same inside.

What is it that you absolutely couldn’t live without? *My family.

How would you describe yourself as a child? * Shy, blonde, a dreamer and wanting to change the world with art.

What’s the greatest gift you could give to someone you love? *My heart and time.

What does love mean to you? * It means being by some ones side no matter what the storm may bring.

What was the best job you ever had and why was it the best? * Working with people with disabilities in a day program. I used my creativity to help them express them selves through art and music.

If you had to evacuate your home immediately and could take only one thing, what would it be and why? *I would take my photo albums because they help me remember how far we all have come.

What’s right with the world? * Honestly not a lot right now. Too much fighting and mean thigs being said everywhere you go.

How would you describe your perfect day? * Wake up to a bright sunny day. Make a home made breakfast. Spend day with the family being silly and enjoying each others company. Then watching the sunset. After having a glow in the dark pool party till midnight.

What event in your life would you like to live over and why? *My wedding day. It went too fast.

What are you avoiding? * Negative people.

What are your best qualities? * Awesome sense of humor, non-judging, creative and loving.

What’s the most romantic thing you’ve done for someone? *Lots! I make all my stuff from scratch for my hubby.

What’s the kindest thing you’ve done for someone? * I do kind things all the time for people. I think one that stands out is being a pallbearer for a client I took care of for many years. She had no family show up. Just us staff who took care of her. That's was 5 of us. So sad.

How is your home like you? * Full of brightness and creativity.

Who in your life would you like to forgive and  for what? * Some friends who I miss.

What are the advantages of getting older? *Seeing my children grew into such beautiful people.

What would you place in a time capsule that would tell a relative 1oo years from now who you were?  *My photo albums,, a few art projects and an cell phone to show how much life has changed.

If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email.

No comments:

Post a Comment